… And Enable Multi Tasking!
No huge surprise here in some recent research findings from RazorFish that show the smartphone as being the most favored home device. Interesting to see that the handy gadgets are enabling more multi-tasking at home, but also are enabling users to slip out of awkward social situations! The findings are based on responses from more than 2,000 respondents and also reveal the most popular smartphones at the time (Nov 2011) were the iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and the Nokia N9.
Findings show the following tasking habits that are enabled:
- 52% of consumers use their mobile device to escape awkward situations
- Men were almost twice as likely to say that checking their mobile for sports news causes arguments with their significant other
- 58% of men are ‘fact checking’ on their mobile web browser while at a live sporting event
- Over three quarters (77%) of content searched for on laptop/desktop devices while watching TV is NOT related to the show they are watching
- Young women are the prime demographic to surf the Internet related to what they’re watching
- Men are more likely to use their mobile device as a functional, all- in-one tool
- Online purchases on smartphones are more popular with men